Friday, September 23, 2011

Luke 17:8

Jake Randall                                          September 14, 2011
Luke 17:8
Luke 17:8- “But will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, and afterward you will eat and drink’?”
The first word that comes to my mind to when I read this is redemption. Being redeemed by the blood of the Lamb and being apart of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. That is what comes to my mind at first. Just the visual of being able to be finally be joined together with Jesus. After all the working and battling has taken place, once it is all finished...then I can partake of The Supper with my Lord. Philippians 3:12 & 14 says, “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me...I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
Application- I personally need to have a mindset more focused on heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment