Friday, September 23, 2011

Luke 17:7

Jake Randall   September 13,2011
Luke 17:7
Verse 7- “And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down to eat’?
Here Jesus is telling a parable of the importance and duty of earnest serving. Jesus says if someone is working or serving, do they come and rest as if the service be over? A lot of times people in the church can have this mentality. They can start off really great, serving in ministry and growing in what the Lord has for their life (plowing the field and tending the sheep) but later on in life they grow stagnate  and maybe retire from the “ministry” or whatever it may be. They get lazy or quite half way through the race that we are to run with endurance as Paul said.
For myself personally I believe that I need to realize that ministry is an all time thing. I cant just cut out early. I finish ministry when I am in heaven, united with Jesus! But until that day I continue to serve the Lord faithfully, with my hands on the plow never looking back. Looking forward to the prize of being finally united with my God. 
Lord, help me to have endurance to run the race and give me strength of a full-time servant, cause I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment