Friday, September 23, 2011

Luke 17:10

Jake Randall September 16, 2011
Luke 17:10
Luke 17:10- “So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’”
Humility is much needed in our culture today. Humility is much needed in our churches, our homes, our government, our schools, our country, and our world. And where humility needs to start, is in my life personally! Thats where it starts. If I’m prideful and not continually  abiding in humility, than how can I think that I can save a soul or I am my more “spiritual” than someone else? No I can not! The Lord deserves all praise, honor, and glory. I am unworthy, “We are unprofitable servants.” But Jesus; He is worthy. 
Speaking now more of ministry, I believe that allowing pride to come into a life that has potential of being used by the Lord...allowing pride to come in is the easiest way of getting “shelved” in ministry and all that the Lord could do in your life rather than all that you could do in and of yourself in your life. Jesus has to be first and foremost in my life to remain humble. Just to remember what Jesus has done for me on the cross is easy enough to humble me greatly. “We have done what is our duty to do.” We must walk daily in humility and then the Lord can use us in a way that is  unimaginable.
Application- In service, in ministry I must, daily, remain humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment