Friday, September 23, 2011

Luke 17:6

Jake Randall           September 12,2011 
Luke 17:6
Verse 5 & 6- “And the apostles said to the Lord, ‘Increase our faith.’ So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.”
Jesus here presents His disciples with an impossible situation in which no human being can possibly accomplish apart from something infinite and supernatural. What man could say to a tree, ‘Be uprooted and replanted into the sea, by no physical action but by just a word?’ No man can do that! The only way someone would be able to do something like this, is if they had a faith that is not limited to earthly things and a faith that is focused upon what God can do rather than what I think I can do in my own efforts and in my own strength. 
Sadly many people have this very shallow, very selfish faith that hinders so much of what the Lord is able to do in their lives. I myself have been this way many times; Where I am so focused on the finite, the natural, and what I can do rather than the supernatural, the infinite, and what Almighty God can do. But when you do have a faith that is solid, built upon Jesus, child-like, and focused on what the Lord can do God will do amazing, unbelievable things.
In my own life personally, I believe I need to have a faith and trust in Jesus that is truly firm, solid, and built upon Jesus. Being up here in Montana for the past week has made questions and doubts arise in my mind as of whether i am truly called to be here. The Lord has been developing in me a faith and trust for Him, that He knows where He is going.  And, “Where the Lord guides, He provides.” So now I know that the Lord has me here for a purpose because He has led me here and I need to have faith in my Heavenly Father even when I can’t fully see the big picture. He knows best!

No comments:

Post a Comment