Friday, September 23, 2011

Isaiah 55:10-11

Jake Randall September 24, 2011
Isaiah 55:10-11
Isaiah 55:10-11
“ For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,and do not return there, but water the earth and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”
God’s word is so powerful. Many times when speaking to those around me I feel like I need to say so much in the most “holy” way I can say it in order to be effective in speaking to someone. The Lord can speak for Himself! He doesn’t need some finite human being to speak His words. I am inadequate and unworthy. The Lord is the one that speaks into peoples lives, and if the Lord is speaking through you, this verse says that it will not return void. I may not see the impact at first but, “it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” says the Lord. 
Application- I need the Lord to be in every part of me, including my speech. Therefore I must be in His Word reading it, memorizing it, and then speaking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment